Join Us for Two Bass Connections Special Events on April 18 and 19
April 11, 2018
Bass Connections Showcase
Wednesday, April 18, 3:30-6:00 p.m., Penn Pavilion
Come learn more about Bass Connections and find out what these research teams of faculty, graduate students, undergraduates and community partners have accomplished this year.
At 3:30, the reception and poster session will begin. Cast your vote for best poster! Then at 4:25, President Price will give opening remarks, and students from five Bass Connections project teams will present lightning talks:
- Creative Industries and the Urban Environment: Jonathan Chapman and Laura Ritchie
- Stemming the Opiate Epidemic through Education and Outreach: Katie Kanter and Madeline Thornton
- Social Change through Music: Amplifying and Empowering Youth Voice: Andie Carroll and Olivia Neely
- Governing Automated Vehicles: North Carolina and Beyond: Soli Shin and Sarah Sibley
- Building Capacity for Surveillance and Diagnosis of Respiratory Viruses in Sarawak, Malaysia: Kerry Mallinson and Rick Tsao
Vice Provost Ed Balleisen will recognize this year’s award recipients, and the reception and poster session will continue until 6:00.
Thursday, April 19, 5:30-8:00 p.m., 107 Gross Hall and Energy Atrium
Students from all Education & Human Development teams will present lightning talks and posters. A reception will follow, and students will receive awards for best website, talk and poster.