Undergraduates focus on contemporary societal challenges while obtaining depth in a major. For undergraduate students in particular, benefits of participating in Bass Connections include:
- Building research skills in a small group setting
- Developing a deep understanding of an issue of interest to you
- Engaging with communities and organizations outside of Duke
- Exploring career paths and gaining valuable experience for your resume
- Applying coursework to a complex societal challenge
- Enhancing honors thesis research
- Co-authoring publications
Duke’s Directors of Academic Engagement are available to help undergraduates develop their own educational pathways of interdisciplinary experiences.
Bass Connections has been, by far, the best learning experience I have had in my life. The multidisciplinary team approach helped me learn in new ways. I have formed close friendships with everyone on my team. This experience has led me to find a topic of study I am truly passionate about.