In order to provide faculty, especially those who have never led a team, with a sense of what a competitive Bass Connections project proposal looks like, we offer the following examples. Each of these proposals were reviewed very highly. The lead faculty have provided permission for us to share these materials. On occasion we have anonymized parts of the proposal to remove references to specific individuals in the budget table.
Please note that these proposals were from the Fall 2017 RFP cycle. As such, the format of the proposal template differs slightly, but the emphasis on a clearly articulated project goal and team structure remains.
- ACRE-Duke Partnership to Improve Sanitation Access in Lowndes County, Alabama
(Energy & Environment project)
- Building Duke: The Architectural History of Duke Campus from 1924 to the Present
(Bass Connections Open project)
- Gerrymandering and the Extent of Democracy in America
(Information, Society & Culture project)
- Low-Cost Laparoscopic Surgery with Tele-Mentoring for Low-Income Countries
(Global Health project)
- Problem-based Learning to Improve Girls' Math Identity
(Education & Human Development project)