Ninety-six percent of faculty team leaders say that they would recommend participating in Bass Connections to a colleague. Faculty report participating for a variety of reasons, including to:
- Start a new research project
- Mentor students while furthering their own research
- Be part of something innovative
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team and learn from other faculty members
- Expand their professional network.
Teams result in a wide range of outputs, including peer-reviewed publications; external grant applications and awards; data collection for future use; conference presentations; public policy reports and recommendations; various prototypes and products; educational materials and trainings for community groups; and scientific models, formulas and algorithms.