Bass Connections Showcase
Join us for a special year-end showcase event and reception with food and drinks cohosted by the Bass Connections Student Advisory Council. Come learn more about Bass Connections and find out what these research teams of faculty, grad students, undergrads and community partners have accomplished this year.
Reception and poster session begin
Professor Lori Bennear welcomes guests, and five project teams present lightning talks:
- An Environmental Approach to Global Health (Justin Lana and Luiza Perez)
- Automated Building Energy Consumption (Eric Peshkin and Hoel Wiesner)
- Rejuvenating the Ghissi Altarpiece (Geena Gomez)
- Music Therapy in Elementary Schools (Paulina Paras and Max Westerkam)
- Tackling Concussions (Joost Op’t Eynde, Daniel O’Connell, Maddie Bernstein, Edward Hsieh)
Vice Provost for Interdisciplinary Studies Ed Balleisen recognizes this year’s student award recipients:
Reception and poster session continue
Free parking is available in the Blue Zone accessed from the Towerview Road traffic circle.
Scharf Hall, in the Krzyzewski Center for Athletic Excellence (located to the right of Cameron Indoor Stadium, through the Duke Basketball and Sports Hall of Fame Museum)
Duke Global Health Institute, Science & Society, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative, Duke Institute for Brain Sciences, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy, Duke University Energy Initiative, Franklin Humanities Institute, Information Initiative at Duke, Kenan Institute for Ethics, Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions, Social Science Research Institute, Duke University, Center for Genomic and Computational Biology, Duke Council on Race and Ethnicity