Bass Connections Showcase
Join Bass Connections for a special year-end showcase event and reception. Come learn more about Bass Connections and find out what these research teams of faculty, grad students, undergrads and community partners have accomplished this year.
Reception and poster session begin
Students from five project teams will present lightning talks:
- Environmental Epidemiology in Latin America (Global Health)
- Image Processing Algorithms for Art Conservation (Information, Society & Culture)
- Oculomotor Response as an Objective Assessment for Mild Traumatic Brain Injury in the Pediatric Population (Brain & Society)
- Voices Together: Music Therapy and Autism in Elementary Schools (Education & Human Development)
- Energy Data Analytics Lab (Energy)
Bass Connections leaders will recognize this year’s student award recipients:
- Bass Connections Award for Outstanding Mentorship
- Bass Connections Follow-on Student Research Awards
- Bass Connections Poster Awards (including the audience choice award; vote on your favorite poster at the event)
- Bass Connections Photo Contest
Reception and poster session continue
Free parking is available in the Blue Zone accessed from the Towerview Road traffic circle. Please contact us if you require other parking arrangements.
Cosponsors include the Duke Center for Genomic and Computational Biology (GCB), Duke Council on Race and Ethnicity (DCORE), Duke Global Health Institute (DGHI), Duke Initiative for Science & Society, Duke Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative, Duke Institute for Brain Sciences (DIBS), Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy, Energy Initiative, Franklin Humanities Institute (FHI), Information Initiative at Duke (iiD), Kenan Institute for Ethics, Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions and Social Science Research Institute (SSRI).
This event is cohosted by the Bass Connections Student Advisory Council.