2023 Fortin Foundation Bass Connections Showcase
Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - 3:30pm to 6:00pm
Join us at the Fortin Foundation Bass Connections Showcase to celebrate the accomplishments of our 2022-2023 Bass Connections project teams. This annual event includes an open floor session featuring posters and interactive displays, lightning talks, awards and a reception.
Current project team members should review our showcase guidance to prepare to share their team’s work at the showcase.
- 3:30-4:30: Open Floor featuring posters and interactive displays – Student team members will share their research findings through poster presentations and interactive displays. Showcase guests can mingle and talk with students about their research.
- 4:30-5:05: Lightning Talks – Students from six project teams will share research highlights through five-minute “lightning talks.” All showcase guests will be asked to direct their attention to the student speakers. After talks conclude, we will also announce the winners of this year’s poster awards, mentorship and leadership awards, and student research grants.
- 5:05-6:00 Open Floor resumes – Showcase guests can mingle, visit posters and alternative displays, and talk with teams about their research.
Students from six project teams will share research highlights through five-minute lightning talks. This year’s presenters include:
- Collecting Oral Histories of Environmental Racism and Injustice: Nhu Bui, Victoria Ely, Meghna Parameswaran
- Closing the Gap on Health Disparity and Outcomes in Hypertension: Devan Desai, Anna Tharakan
- Project Vox: Conducting Philosophical Research on the Margins: Shreya Joshi, Lilia Qian
- A City and Its River: Contaminant Risk in Durham's Ellerbe Creek Watershed: Rithik Castelino, Caroline Dear
- Role of Physiotherapy in Ugandan Neurosurgical Transitional Care: Lizzy Davidson, Vignesh Pirapaharan
- Earthquake Early Warning in Kathmandu: Roxana Haas, Sabhyata Jha