2022 Fortin Foundation Bass Connections Showcase
Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 3:30pm to 6:00pm
Join us at the 2022 Fortin Foundation Bass Connections Showcase to celebrate the accomplishments of our 2021-2022 Bass Connections project teams. This annual event includes an open floor session featuring posters and alternative displays, lightning talks by students and awards.
Please note that masks will be required for this event.
Current project team members should review our showcase guidance to prepare to share their team’s work at the showcase.
- 3:30-4:15: Open Floor featuring posters/alternative displays – Student team members will share their research findings through poster presentations and alternative displays. Showcase guests can mingle and talk with students about their research.
- 4:15-4:50: Lightning Talks – Students from six project teams will share research highlights through five-minute “lightning talks.” All showcase guests will be asked to direct their attention to the student speakers. After talks conclude, we will also announce the winners of this year’s poster awards, mentorship and leadership awards, and student research grants.
- 4:50-6:00 Open Floor resumes – Showcase guests can mingle, visit posters and alternative displays, and talk with teams about their research.
Students from six project teams will share research highlights through five-minute lightning talks. This year’s presenters include:
- Bioremediation of Plastic Pollution to Conserve Marine Biodiversity: Ella Gunady ’23 and Bea Schleupner ’22
- American Predatory Lending and the Global Financial Crisis: Ryder Buttry ’23 (MPP) and Eli Levine ’23
- Revaluing Care in the Global Economy: Zoe Macomber ’24
- Strengthening Partnerships Between Durham Public Schools and Local Universities: Destiny Baker ’22 (NCCU), Alexis Clagon ’24 (NCCU) and Jasmine Daniel ’23
- Language, Music and Dementia: Audrey Costley ’23
- Policy Surveillance of Financing for Universal Health Coverage: Katie Thomas ’22 (MS in Global Health) Shawin Vitsupakorn ’23