Submit Your Project Team Poster by April 14 for the Bass Connections Poster Awards
March 14, 2017
Bass Connections provides opportunities for interdisciplinary and collaborative research throughout the Duke community. Sharing the outcomes of that research, in a way that is accessible to a broad audience, is key to expanding the reach and impact of the research and the program. Through poster presentations, students have an opportunity to communicate in a clear manner important assumptions, processes and conclusions. Through the Bass Connections Poster Awards, Bass Connections aims to recognize students’ efforts to communicate their research beyond the project team.
- Please email a PDF file of your poster to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for submissions is April 14.
One winning poster will be chosen by a group of expert judges from the Bass Connections themes. Another winning poster will be chosen by the audience during the Bass Connections Showcase on April 20.
Posters will be judged on:
- Whether the project’s aims were presented clearly
- How they described the research methods
- How they presented the scope of their project and reached a conclusion
- Visual clarity, appeal and layout.
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Judges’ Selection: $200
- Audience Choice: $200
Display and Recognition
Winning posters will be displayed and poster authors recognized during the Bass Connections Showcase on April 20, 4:00-6:00 p.m., Scharf Hall.