Bass Connections Showcase
Come learn more about Bass Connections and find out what these research teams of faculty, graduate students, undergraduates and community partners have accomplished this year.
The reception and poster session begin. Cast your vote for the audience choice award for best poster.
President Vincent E. Price gives opening remarks, and students from the following Bass Connections project teams present lightning talks:
- Creative Industries and the Urban Environment: Jonathan Chapman and Laura Ritchie
- Governing Automated Vehicles: North Carolina and Beyond: Soli Shin and Sarah Sibley
- Stemming the Opiate Epidemic through Education and Outreach: Katie Kanter and Madeline Thornton
- Social Change through Music: Amplifying and Empowering Youth Voice: Andie Carroll and Olivia Neely
- Building Capacity for Surveillance and Diagnosis of Respiratory Viruses in Sarawak, Malaysia: Kerry Mallinson and Rick Tsao
Vice Provost Edward J. Balleisen recognizes this year’s award recipients for outstanding mentorship and follow-on research.
The reception and poster session continue until 6:00. We will announce the audience choice award for best poster at 5:45 (voting closes at 5:30).
Public parking is available in the Bryan Center Parking Deck, located on Science Drive between Duke Chapel and the Bryan Center. Penn Pavilion is a very short walk from the parking deck. Please contact us if you have any questions about parking, accessibility or directions.
View the Bass Connections annual report and browse the 2017-18 project teams by theme: